Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Man oh Man!

So, it has been sometime since my last post and I apologize for you regular readers...Polly! But it has been one crazy ride ever since Jamie got his job at Lowes. He now has to wake up at 3am three days a week! Which also messes with the days in between due to the need to get enough sleep. Nevertheless, we've been having a splendid time looking forward to our trip to Alabama! We are extremely pumped to be going back home for Thanksgiving. I think the most common phrase in our house right now is, "Lets just make it to Thanksgiving." We will have the wonderful opportunity to be there for a whole week before we have to get back to Kentucky for work.

In the mean time though, this is whats been going on.

Halloween: Jamie as Facebook. He had a ton on fun with this costume because he'd walk around asking everybody to update their status. The people who got it, loved it. The people who didn't (most people) didn't really get it at all. He even put adds down the side of the pages. I love that man!

Halloween for me was a little different. I was Molly Mormon. Many people didn't get my costume because there were a lot of non-members, plus the fact that people here just hadn't heard of it. Go figure! I will say that the biggest hit I got out of my costume was with the missionaries. They loved it. 

Missionary: Right now I'm going to give a shout out to one of our missionaries that is over in Mt. Sterling. He is originally from Spanish Fork, UT. Anybody who knows Jamie's family and knows the background of where they came knows that his Grandfather picked up his family and moved to Alabama from Spanish Fork. There are still many a Jex back there in UT. In fact, the Jexes actually own half of the town. When we found out that this missionary was from there we went up to him and asked him if he knew any Jexes in Spanish Fork. He said, "Yeah I know the Jexes. They are a really big family out there!" He was really excited to find out that we are Jex too. And now he absolutely loves us. Which is a big change from some of the others that live here who've never heard of the name Jex.

Yeah, I think thats all of the really exciting stuff that's happened to us. Nothing really new. We've just been having a grand ol' time being us!

No comments:

Post a Comment