Thursday, July 7, 2011

Father's Day Surprise

So, I know that Father's Day was a while ago, but Jamie had requested an awesome present. He didn't give me specifics but he wanted something good. So, I'd thought long and hard and finally came up with this idea.

Jamie had asked for candles, lots of candles in passing. So I figured that I'd give him candles like when people hang candles in outdoor living spaces from trees. But since this is inside I hung them from the ceiling via hooks and fishing line. I found the candle holders for $1, got jewelry wire for $3 and the fishing line for $2. The candles are just little tea light candles that are really inexpensive but they gave a big punch. They look really awesome and the best part is that you can take them down if you like or leave them up to give a nice wonderland effect. Originally I wanted short mason jars but I found these instead. I think  I would prefer the jars as far as the outdoor feel that it brings. There's nothing wrong with these though, Jamie just said, "Wow! It's like out of Harry Potter!" Which is fine because we're total Potter junkies, but that's not quite the mood I wanted. Whatever, as long as it's mystical I guess! All in all, we're pleased with the results : )

No comments:

Post a Comment