Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Weekend Trip

This post has been in the works for a couple of weeks. Life just gets in the way of editing photos and we took a ton on a random trip out to my brother's in Virginia. So I finally gave up trying to edit them and just let you see. :) It's a bit back in the woods, our phones had extremely limited reception, and we got to catch up and visit together for the first time in about 6 years. That's right, 6. Meaning this was the first time that I was able to see some of my nieces and nephews and it was the first time that he and his wife saw any of my children. We had a good time and caught some great pics of everyone. For those of you who don't know, my brother has 7 children so with everyone all tallied there were 14 of us. His girls loved helping with Blaine and my girls loved helping with their animals. It was nice to get away and I think everyone is looking forward to visiting together again soon. Here were some of our favorite shots from the trip!

The view from our tent. This pic does not come close to giving it justice. I can't stress that enough.

On our way back home we were able to stop by a street fair that my brother was doing a blacksmith exhibit at. We had a great time watching him work and checking out the area. The next few pics run along those lines.





a close up of what he was making--rose napkin rings.



 The girls loved playing with all the kids and you can see that in the following pics.





Sydney started crying because she was tired of saying cheese, lol.









Granted she looks messy, but I just love this stubborn girl. And this is her stubborn, frustrated face, lol.


So my brother has ducks, geese, rabbits, chickens, dogs, and cats. But I only have the girls with the ducks/geese. Every time I look at this picture Hazel cracks me up. It took a couple tries for Sydney to cooperate this much, and Hazel's thumbs up turned into a cute chest out look. Ha ha ha, so adorable!

All in all it was a good spur of the moment weekend. Can't wait for the next time! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment