Friday, September 10, 2010

Food!

As many of you who know me are well aware, I love food. And it just so happens that my husband does too! ; ] We like to experiment and try new things, especially (for him) if I do the cooking. 
Recently we have gotten into making our own breads, pizzas, and just about anything that you can think of. And for those of you who don't know, today is my husband's birthday. So in keeping up with our tradition of making things ourselves, I baked his birthday cake and decorated it using this site I got off of my sister's blog. it was my very first time using or even making fondant. So, be nice when you critic it : ] 

Even better than cake is the pizza that we've been making! I love pizza and I decided to try out an experiment that I'd gotten in my head. I wanted to make a Baja Chicken BBQ Pizza. So I bought all the stuff to make it and while I was compiling the above masterful creation, ha ha, I marinated the chicken in the Baja Marinade, browned the chicken on the stove and made up the dough for the pizza crust. Then, instead of spreading the pizza sauce on, I just replaced it with Honey BBQ sauce and put motzzerella chese on instead of pizza cheese. All that was left was to put on the browned chicken, mushroom slices, and some red onion slices and voila, you have a Baja Chicken BBQ Pizza. Well, that's what you get after you bake it for about 15 minutes at 425 degrees. : ]

No comments:

Post a Comment