Friday, August 5, 2016

What's Been Going On!

So this week we have had some fun things happening in our house! Firstly, we got a piano!! I personally am super excited about this development. I am really looking forward to being able to practice more often. I used to have a piano at home, but that was when Jamie and I were dating. My parents now have that one in South Dakota {just too far for me to practice on ;)}. So I am excited to have one at home again. And I don't think that I'm the only one!



The girls love to climb up and help me practice.


All in all, a great addition to the family. :)


For a couple weeks now I've had some new church clothes on my list of To-Do's. But I've only just completed the first outfit, lol. Here is Sydney's new church dress and bloomers. 



It turned out really cute. I made the pattern for the dress from one that she had that she loves to wear. For the bloomers I enlarged this pattern from See Kate Sew. I also modified it a little. I moved the ruffle placement and I didn't add the elastic around the legs. The latter was mostly because it was close enough around her and I wanted to add the comfort of not having elastic. If I decide to change that later, it's not very hard to put in. On the back of the dress it is hard to see but I only put two buttons at the top and added little elastic loops to the other side. I decided that I liked the look of the double buttons at the top with a bit of a peek through. And she can get away with it since she's not quite two yet. When she wears the dress to church I'll take some pics of her in it so that you can see what it looks like on {very darling}. 

Well, that's all that I have for you today! Gotta get back to trying to potty train Hazel. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment